Surrounded by hills and valleys, the monastery offers a beautiful natural environment elevating the souls by its beauty. Started in 2009, the construction of the facilities took five years to be completed. Auxiliary Bishop Benjamin Phiri, still Parish Priest at that time, trained the first three Sisters namely Srs. Benedicta Chanda from Lusaka, Mary Lourdes Mukosa from Kitwe and Stefania Banda from Lusaka. In 2003, they went to the island of Ste Lucia in the Caribbean’s (Central America) to the Mother House Monastery as postulants. Today, they are back to Zambia enjoying their ministry together with Sister Giovanna Mabunda from Livingstone and Sister Emmanuela Nadin from Martinique. Four more Sisters are in their formation years. The first profession of the first three Sisters took place at the Cathedral of the Child Jesus in Lusaka in 2006 when the decision to build a monastery in Zambia was taken by the Abbess Marianna Pinto.
The primary vocation of the monastery is prayer, four times a day, and hospitality under the motto ORA ET LABORA (prayer & work). Everyone is welcomed to visit the monastery, lay or religious. Accommodation is offered for 200 kwacha per night, including meals. A conference hall with internet connection is available for groups and liturgical vestments are on sale from the Good Shepherd Sisters of Minga.
PDF FILE, historical background: monastic-foundation-in-zambia
Contact: P.O. Box 510481, Msupadzi, Chipata, Zambia. Phone: (260) 96-554-6265. WhatsApp: 096-463-1284. E-mail: email@example.com